Monday 24 October 2016

Drawing Connections

My most recent work [St George's Circus, below] puts me in mind of two works from my back catalogue. 

From a portrait project completed in first year of my BA. Painted whilst listening to an interview with the subject, who loved music, which is why I decided to focus on visualizing sound, which ultimately became a visualization of a conversation.





'Hampstead Road', Screen Print, Created for Slade Print Fair 2014. 

Photographed and deconstructed an alcove I used to walk past every day on my way to work. 

Deconstructed to reflect my experience of it:
- broken up by angular shafts of light
- grafitti
- enclosed and dominated by horizontal lines






And which went to inspire early 'movement drawing' at beginning of MA



No comments:

Post a Comment