Sunday 2 July 2017

Degree Show Install!

Over the course of the past week I have been installig my degree show work. My aim was to create a wall of motion with the prints leading you in and out of the space.


This corner represents my border landscapes in their current configuration. I wanted to create the sense that they could move at any time  (after john cage). 

The prints are built up of a body of work using a nunber of processes including relief, drypoint, monoprint, digital and screen print.

The seductive play between processes i hink is demonstrated in the image above (a detail of one of the border landscape prints). A blurring of the boundaries between traditional and digital print.

  I brought everything into the space, with scalpel, cutting mat and bone folder at the ready.  These prints only come alive together and in collaboration.

I cut prints in half,  cut spaces through to he wall- it was a nerve wracking process!

The log traving paper scroll represents the 'border landscape' in iys entirety.  That is, my fictionalised and mirrored version of it. It is an organic form which contrasts with the geometric and graphic black line. The organic is also brought in somewhat through the use of monoprint and colour but i hink this is something that could be enhanced in the work - a greater contrast between geometric and organic or free forms.

The triangle is an excavated piece of this landscape in contrasting luminous colour.

The tracing paper scroll is also referenced in the 4 colour photopolymer on the corresponding wall

No comments:

Post a Comment